Get A Quote

Call Today: 877.247.7767

Light Sport Aircraft Get A Quote Download Brochure

What You Need To Know To Get Started

What is a Light-Sport Aircraft?

The FAA defines a light-sport aircraft as an aircraft, other than a helicopter or powered-lift that, since its original certification, has continued to meet the following: What is required to obtain a Sport Pilots License?

If you are an aviation enthusiast seeking your first pilot certificate, the sport pilot certificate provides the easiest and least costly way to fly for fun and recreation.

The minimum required training time for the different light sport aircraft categories are: To earn a sport pilot certificate, one must: What if I currently have a Pilots license?

An individual holding a recreational pilot certificate or higher (e.g. private) may exercise the privileges of a sport pilot certificate, provided the holder complies with the privileges and limitations of a sport pilot certificate. The main benefit for existing pilots is that sport pilot requires only a valid state driver’s license to establish medical fitness. No more need for a third-class medical! Unfortunately, the rule includes one major exception: Existing pilots, including previous student pilots who have had their most recent FAA medical certificate application denied, suspended, or revoked by the FAA are not allowed to operate using their driver’s license.

Here’s all an existing pilot needs:

An individual with a private, commercial, or ATP certificate may perform the flight review in any aircraft authorized by the person’s pilot certificate, assuming the CFI is pilot in command.

A private pilot choosing to operate at the sport pilot level need not do anything more than comply with the rules. No change of certificates is necessary. If ramp checked, a private pilot may simply present the private pilot certificate and valid state driver’s license and inform the FAA inspector “I am operating as a sport pilot.” How can I obtain Insurance for my owned or rented Light-Sport Aircraft? Aviation Insurance Resources (AIR) –Specialists for Sport Pilots and Light-Sport Aircraft Owners, one of the leading aviation insurance providers is your clear choice.

Insurance is now available from most of the markets we represent for both Special Light-Sport Aircraft (S-LSA) and Experimental Light-Sport Aircraft (E-LSA) through Aviation Insurance Resources.

New student sport pilots and new sport pilots as well as private, commercial and airline transport pilots who wish to fly as a sport pilot can obtain insurance for an LSA from Aviation Insurance Resources.

Whether you need aircraft insurance for an airplane you own or are planning to buy, Aviation Insurance Resources can make sure you have the right insurance at the best price. If you need insurance as a student sport pilot or if you are renting or borrowing an S-LSA or E-LSA, Aviation Insurance Resources will provide the insurance you need.

To download a copy of our brochure click here

     Save Time…Save Money!
Flying Club
Aircraft Valuation
Hangar and Contents
Worker's Comp
Maintenance Shops/MRO

Notice: Undefined variable: o in /home/airpros/public_html/inc/footer.php on line 17